I sent a new update of Make Your Solar System to the Play Store so in a few hours your game should get the new stuff!
I am currently working on adding more maps to time attack mode. Next I will add other modes and hopefully start with missions.
I’m receving some requests about adding more info about the planets, like mass, radious, temperature and so. Well, this game does not pretend to be a super-simulator like Universe Sandbox (wich is great!), but more an ability game. Anyway I pretend to increase information and realism as long as the gameplay improves or stays the same so that info will probably be added in the future in camera mode.
Another example of realism I will improve: it doesn’t make any sense to have a mercurial-mass object with a jovian (aka “similar to Jupiter”) aspect. I will change that. I also expect to add a visual habitable zone (where water can be liquid) around stars. But is not super-easy. Think on this: you mark those zones as red, green and blue (too hot, just ok, and too cold) rings around a star. That’s easy with one star, but what happens with more than one, constantly moving? I need to do some strange (and crazy 😉 ) color blending in real time and honestly, no idea about how to do it. I will try anyway.
I don’t mind about your pains. Just give me the info about the update. Delicious bits of info about the update…
Ok, ok. Those were stories for another release, so here you have the changes for the current one!
- More maps for time attack mode, from 2 to 6.
- Tiny Time Attack: a planet with 3 moons. Very small playable area.
- Twin Time Attack: a double system of blue giant stars.
- Triad Time Attack: a triple system of red dwarfs dancing in interesting orbits.
- Quad Time Attack: a quadruple system of yellow stars.
- Now you can easily share your beautiful creations with your friends. Pause the game and tap on “SHARE”. (Requires new file read/write permissions).
- New achievement: share 5 amazing creations with the world!
- Now you can easily share your score with your friends. In the game over / leaderboard menu, tap on “SHARE”. It is similar to the previous screenshot sharing but emphasizing the score instead of the system.
- This is not really in-game, but as you will see on the default sharing messages, I am trying to use the #MakeYourSolarSystem tag as a way to access all the stuff related with the game, so you will search for it on Twitter (or other social tool with hashtags) and you will see lots of creations and comments from other people 🙂
- Fixed a rare bug when several objects impacted at same time, there was a chance of one of them not actually impacting and being stick to the bigger.
- “Beta Player” achievement is earned just by playing the game, not necessarily a time attack mode.
- Leaderboard is now scrolled automagically so your position and record is visible without the need of scrolling.
- Fixed a bug: pausing the game during camera mode and pressing a menu button overlapping an object was causing the camera to center in that object after resuming.
If you detect any bug please notify to firstname.lastname@example.org describing the problem.
As always, thanks for reading! Enjoy the new features.